How to Apply
- Each team must be comprised of five members. A sixth member can be appointed as an observer per team. The observer can communicate with the team
throughout the competition except for any judged sessions. Qualifications of the observer are not part of team selection criteria.
- All team members must be current UC Berkeley graduate.
- Each team must appoint a Team Lead who will serve as the point of contact and voice for the team.
- For teams selected to compete in the Competition must also commit to:
- Sign the NDA and the Code of Conduct, and abide by all VCIC rules.
- Attend the pre-competition workshops and to compete through the Regional competition in February if selected, and to the Global Finals.
- Ensure all team members named on the application are present on the day of the competition No alternatives and no absences are allowed.
The application for the 2023 Venture Capital Investment Competition is NOW LIVE!The application deadline is December 15th at 11:59pm PT
Teams must consist of five members who are current graduate students at Berkeley. Teams may have an optional observer.
Download the NDA LINKED HERE
Have everyone on your team sign one NDA and have one person from your team email the signed copy to email@example.com
Typed signatures are fine, but please follow /s/ signature format - each team member should sign their name as follows “/Team Member Name/ Team Member Name”, with their name once in the middle of forward slashes, followed by their name again on its own.
We will send you the pitch decks after receiving the NDA.
In the meantime, you can get started on Parts I and II of the application.
After receiving the pitch decks:
Complete the full application sheet: APPLICATION LINKED HERE
Record a short presentation video**
Send the written application and video recording to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15th at 11:59pm PT
Presentation Video Description
The video recording will replace the interview phase this year and is aimed to assess your team’s presentation and communication skills. These skills play a big part in the final competition where teams need to conduct due diligence, present in the board meeting, and negotiate the term sheet. In the video, please present your team’s investment decision and logic behind it, as if you were presenting to an investment committee.
5 minutes Maximum
At least two team members need to present in the video
No need to be too concerned about video quality. Feel free to record with laptop/phone, or upload a zoom recording.
How to Find Teams
If you are still looking for teammates, please take a look at the TEAM FORMATION SHEET LINKED HERE