How to Apply
- Each team must be comprised of five members. A sixth member can be appointed as an observer per team. The observer can communicate with the team
throughout the competition except for any judged sessions. Qualifications of the observer are not part of team selection criteria.
- All team members must be current UC Berkeley graduate.
- Each team must appoint a Team Lead who will serve as the point of contact and voice for the team.
- For teams selected to compete in the Competition must also commit to:
- Sign the NDA and the Code of Conduct, and abide by all VCIC rules.
- Attend the pre-competition workshops and to compete through the Regional competition in February if selected, and to the Global Finals.
- Ensure all team members named on the application are present on the day of the competition No alternatives and no absences are allowed.
The application for 2021 VCIC is now open!
1. Download the NDA linked here
2. Have everyone on your team sign one NDA and have one person from your team email the signed copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Typed signatures are fine, but please follow /s/ signature format - each team member should sign their name as follows "/Team Member Name/ Team Member Name”,
with their name once in the middle of forward slashes, followed by their name again on its own. Link with example
3. We will send you the pitch decks only after receiving the NDA. In the meantime, you can get started on the team portion of the application
4. Fill out the application sheet and send it to email@example.com by December 7th at 11:59pm PT
How to Find Teams
If you are still looking for teammates, please take a look at the team formation sheet.
Please reach out to us if you are having trouble finding a team - we're more than happy to help!
Teams must consist of five members who are current graduate students at Berkeley. Teams may have an optional observer who must also be current graduate student.
The observer cannot be a staff or faculty member - we apologize for any miscommunications in the past.